Our History

In 1947, Dr Dermot Foster moved to Bunbury to join Dr William Lawson-Smith to establish the practice that became Doctor Foster & Associates.

Doctor Foster was instrumental in setting up many of the public health services that we’ve come to rely on in the south-west, including the St John Ambulance and the Blood Bank services. Doctors from the practice staffed both the Public District Hospital and the St John of God Hospital at a time when local hospitals were entirely staffed by GP’s.

Today, Doctor Foster & Associates embodies those traditional values of service to the community established all those years ago, whilst embracing the very best principles of modern medicine and patient care.